Say thanks to the Wheaton College tutors for compiling this list (PDF) of restaurants, landmarks, and events overlapping with the conference weekend.
In addition, we recommend these websites for more insight into what Chicago has to offer:
- Resources for getting to and around the city on Chicago’s public transit
- The Chicago Reader, the best independent coverage of the city’s theatre, music, food, film, and arts scenes
- Chicago’s Yelp page, a hyperactive community of living, breathing Chicagoans sharing their reviews and travel tips
- An introduction to Chicago from Lonely Planet, purveyors of awesome travel guides
- Metromix Chicago’s daily recommendations for food, fun, and nightlife
- Time Out Chicago, a guide on what to see & and do
- If you’re interested in the book scene, don’t miss Powell’s, Myopic, The Book Cellar, Quimby’s, Uncharted, and Women & Children First.
- If architecture is your thing, don’t miss Open Chicago, which coincides with our conference.